“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” Proverbs 22:6
Middle School Quick Facts
- Average Class Size: 18 students
- School Hours: 8:15am – 3:07pm
- Before/After Care: Available for a fee
Middle School Overview
Resurrection Lutheran School provides a learning environment that is academically rich for students in grades K-8. Each day, students experience a very special kind of learning atmosphere that has continued to strengthen and grow since RLS opened in 2002. At RLS the teachers, administration, church staff and parents work together to plant seeds in the hearts and minds of our students through discipline, respect, guidance, encouragement, sound educational strategies and daily modeling of Christian love.
At RLS, we follow the North Carolina State Standards as a baseline while integrating national standards and extension activities. We place a high value on writing with a focus on both composition and intellectual depth. Our goal is to provide a rigorous core curriculum in the Lutheran tradition emphasizing the holistic development of the student (academic, social, emotional, physical, and spiritual). Students are prepared for “honors level” coursework in high school. While some RLS students choose a parochial high school, the majority of our students will matriculate into their local public high school.
RLS Middle school provides for unique overnight travel opportunities, academic competitions, clubs, athletic teams, chorus, band, drama, and various leadership opportunities.
The Resurrection Lutheran Middle School focuses on:
- Collaboration (Example: small groups in Integrated Math I, discussion groups in Literature and Religion)
- Critical Thinking (Example: analytical and application questions in Literature)
- Experiential Learning (Example: Science labs)
- Mastery Learning (Example: Geography, Social Studies)
- Writing (Example: 7th grade NaNoWriMo)
- Integration (Example: Integrating academic subjects areas as seen in Literature, Social Studies, Language Arts, and other subjects)
- A variety of Experience and Choice in Electives (Example: Drama, Strategic Math, and Advanced Games)